Isringhausen Imports has received what is said to be BMW’s fastest production car to date: a 2017 M4 GTS. This track-ready but street-legal car recently completed a trip around Germany’s famous Nürburgring in 7 minutes and 28 seconds – that’s nearly 30 seconds faster than a standard M4.
The car’s twin turbocharged six-cylinder engine receives an added boost of power from an innovative water injection system, taken from the BMW M4 MotoGP Safety Car. According to carscoops.com:
“What this system does is inject a fine spray of water into the intake manifold plenum chamber (where it evaporates), significantly lowering the temperature of the intake air, which in turn, reduces the final compression temperature in the combustion chamber thus allowing for an even higher boost pressure for increased power.”
The injection system raises engine output to 493 hp, a 75-hp increase over the base model, allowing for a 0-60 mph sprint in a blistering 3.6 seconds. Top speed is 189.5 mph.
BMW’s M division also equipped the M4 GTS with a three-way adjustable M coilover suspension, an adjustable carbon fiber front splitter and rear spoiler, M Sports seats with cut-outs, and an Acid Orange roll bar mounted behind the front seats.
This special edition M4 is limited to around 700 units worldwide, with around 300 units for the US market.
Performance and Handling:
- 493 bHP and 443 lb-ft torque
- 0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds
- Top Speed: 189.5 mph
- Innovative Water Injection System from the BMW M4 MotoGP Safety Car
- 7-Speed M Double Clutch transmission with Drivelogic and steering wheel-mounted Shift Paddles
- Three-way adjustable M coilover suspension
Exterior and Interior:
- M star-spoke forged aluminum wheels in Acid Orange with Michelin Sport Cup2 tires
- Adjustable carbon fiber front splitter and rear spoiler
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Rear taillights featuring BMW Organic Light with OLED (organic light-emitting diodes) technology
- Titanium Exhaust System
- M Sports seats, including lightweight backrests with cut-outs, in Black Merino Leather with contrast stitching, Alcantara inserts and M Stripes embroidery
- 3-spoke Alcantara leather-wrapped multi-function sport steering wheel, featuring a perforated stripe in Acid Orange
- Alcantara-covered interior trim strip featuring a perforated GTS badge with Acid Orange
- Acid Orange Roll bar, made from high-strength steels and mounted behind the front seats
- Rear seat replaced by a glass-fiber-reinforced plastic shelf
- Fire extinguisher